Wednesday, 28 January 2015

The School Year and The Funnel Web

I have lived in Sydney for over ten years now but until last school holidays, I had never been to Jamberoo. My children had been there before but we had not made a trip together. So in the first week of the year, we made our one-hour trip to this Action Park. On the way there, the children told me that I could never really say that I had been to Jamberoo if I didn’t go for a ride in the Funnel Web. A challenge had been quietly but cleverly thrown my way. I will cut a long story short.
I went on the Funnel Web thrill ride.
No, I did not scream.
The Funnel Web - image courtesy of parkz.com
No, I did not go twice.
No, I will not do it again.
Yes, I felt scared, BUT I did it.
The school year can sometimes feel like the Funnel Web ride. Like the little yellow raft, even before you are properly settled in, it takes off at astonishing speed. There are many twists and turns, lots of excitement, exhilaration and even a heart-stopping moment when you feel that the raft might make a vertical drop from the highest point. And just when everything calms down and you begin to enjoy the last few moments, it is all over.
I hope and believe that this year will bring many enjoyable learning experiences.
I hope we will enjoy the whole ride, not just the end.
Some days will be easy, others challenging. Yet, come the end of the year, having done our best, we will be able to say WE DID IT.

Welcome to 2/3S 2015. I am looking forward to a great year of learning and achievement.

2 comments:

  1. Hello 2/3S.
    I read our blog this morning I looked at all the posts and I left a comment on this post. I can't believe
    Mr Shabya went on the funnel web it looked so scary the pictur of the ride gives me the creeps.
    From Nicholas in 2/3S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Nicholas,
    I actually went. I can tell you though, that was my first and last time!

    ReplyDelete